Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Thing #12

Creating Community Through Commenting---My first attempts at commenting on other blogger's pages was a little scary. I wasn't sure how much to say and if I even wanted to comment at all. I did enjoy the Cool Cats blog on proper commenting manners. My two favorite pieces of advice were to criticize kindly and watch out for the Darth Commenter. I had to laugh at the Darth Vader reference, but after reading some of the comments I can say that some people need to relax a little. They should read the criticize kindly section. I think manners are important in all aspects of life. Even on the Internet.
When selecting Blogs from other areas I decided to look at Texans in Brief and Tougher Standards being considered for Texas Teachers. Both blogs were informative and well written. The Texans in Brief was a set of short articles about recent news in Texas. The comments written by other bloggers were interesting. Tougher standards was a blog about Alternative Certification and what changes might be put in place. This was a good blog because most schools have teachers with alternative certificates. Very interesting. Good food for thought.

No comments: