Sunday, July 6, 2008

Thing #13

Tagging and Discovering Del.icio.us---Hmmmm...I went through and looked at Furl, Ma.gnolia, and Del.icio.us. Furl was very confusing and their explanations didn't seem to make much sense. Ma.gnolia was much better and their directions seemed to simplify the entire tagging process. I must say that I liked Del.icio.us the best. The tutorial was very easy to watch and understand. I do feel that this type of site is better suited for my individual use and not for use in the classroom. It provides a very simple way to organize my information. It could be useful if the school librarian created a set of tags to help with certain projects. All you would have to do is let your librarian know in advance what topics you were studying and then let the librarian keep it organized for your students to use. Just make sure you give your librarian ample time to compile the list.

1 comment:

bookeatersclub said...

And those project tags could be added to by students and teachers to create a truly functional set of resource links...