Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thing #23

Summarize Your Thoughts About This Program---- I DID IT!!!!!!! YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
There were many times I didn't think I would make it. My favorite things to do were the Avatar, Flickr, YouTube, mashups, and the Nings. They were fun to learn and time really flew by when I was working on these sites. Learning all of these "things" has proven to me that you can teach an old dog new tricks. I thought I was pretty good with the computer, but at times these exercises boggled my mind. I realize the importance of staying current with technology. One of the biggest surprises for me during this learning quest was how bad I am at taking images and videos from other sites and placing them on this blog. I spent many a frustrated night trying to figure out how to get things to work. I was successful most of the time, but I still would like to see some more technology courses offered during the school year. One improvement, at least in my eyes, is to give specific instructions on how to add images and video to your blog. As I mentioned above, I really struggled with this aspect. When you had step by step instructions it made it very easy. Visuals are also a plus. I would love to take another class on technology, but one that is geared towards the classroom teacher, maybe by levels taught----elementary----secondary. Just a thought. My experience with library2play has been like a real quest for the Holy Grail of Technology. Very exciting.

No comments: